Go down
View user profile

AWD - HS Discussion

on Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:54 pm
Here all balance issues and w/e other stuff that doesnt go in the other threads can be talked about!

Link for the HS to check out all factions: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cRah77ng89OHGRS8pnbyGTcKwHkatJiY
1 Staff Hotseat Victory
1 Staff Hotseat Victory
View user profile

Re: AWD - HS Discussion

on Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:50 pm
I just took a quick look at the save and I think that some things should be better balanced. So we will all agree that the best troops are produced in fortresses (since citadels are practically unavailable) and I noticed that most factions have 2 or 3 fortresses but the Teutonic Order has 4. On the other hand England has only Nothingam as fortress and Novgorod has none!
View user profile

on Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:28 pm
Yes indeed, I am aware of this and there are reasons for that.

England has a massive advantage already on sea and likely their best troops are ships and not just troops. However, England has alot of very good targets for fortresses. Bordeaux and Hamburg already being very close at the start and at the coast, England should be able to retrieve fortresses but can definently play without them. I am however considering upgrading some militairy buildings for them.

TO really needs his fortresses, I was considering giving Turku to Novgorod but ill come to that in a sec. Note that TO his fortresses are very spread out and for a faction in such a hard position as theirs they kinda need it.

So Novgorod has a really hard time getting fortresses overall. I was thinking of giving them Turku but figured it either makes Novgorod their position so strong that they can capture everything up until Riga easily, or TO just takes Turku. So instead of that, I gave Novgorod 0 fortresses but upgraded alot of militairy buildings to drill squares, not only do they safe a ton of cash with this, their early recruitment gets a huge boost from this as other factions still need to make those drill squares
1 Staff Hotseat Victory
1 Staff Hotseat Victory
View user profile

on Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:53 pm
Ok but I just have a little concern that it will have a negative impact in the long run, after the starting armies have to be rebuilt. I think Novgorod should also have at least 1 fortress, because of some units, but it s not a big deal I guess.
View user profile

on Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:07 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
I tried not to make every faction the same, hoping to get a bit of variance between factions. However both England and Novgorod are set to get buffs as they will receive better militairy buildings
View user profile

on Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:03 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Will get this going soon!
View user profile

on Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:17 pm
Sorry guys, Only need an admin and we can begin!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum